Friday 27 January 2012

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows



The latest film from the Sherlock Holmes franchise is far from elementary my dear Watson. Re-reading my blog on Guy Ritchie first film about the great detective I’d be as well just to repost that. Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (2011) is made well enough evoking what you would imagine 1891 and late Victorian society to look like, Robert Downey Jnr as before, is well over the top as the great detective, Jude Law supplements his privacy litigation pay out by playing Watson again. The biggest surprise is how beautiful Noomi Repace is without her punk carb although completely wasted as a mysterious gypsy fortune-teller. Like the previous film the narrative is a shambles, unless it’s just me but I could not make head or tail of any thing that was going on. It has something to do with terrorists bombing’s, 19th century European politics and James Moriarty’s quest for world domination! Still, my wife enjoyed it so I’ll probably have to go to see Sherlock Holmes 3?

No comments:

Post a Comment